About WL Booster Club
The Warrensburg-Latham Booster Club exists to:
- Promote public interest in and support for WL students who participate in athletic programs in the MS and HS.
- Recognize and encourage sportsmanship.
- Sponsor projects and make financial contributions to promote and help maintain athletic programs.
Each year, the Booster Club, purchases uniforms for specific athletic teams, provides scholarship funds to a male and female student athlete, and maintains concession stands for athletic events.
Here are a few things to know about Booster Club:
The main source of our funding comes from concessions. Last year, we hosted more than 140 athletic events on WL campus bringing in over $75K in concession sales.
We do other various fundraiser activities such as park cars at the Macon County Fair & Fall Fest. This summer we raised over $8000 parking cards.
Last year we spent $24,000on new uniforms for our WL athletes. Most schools put this cost on the parents of athletes & it is our goal top continue to provide uniforms.
Booster Club is 100% ran by volunteers. Last year we hosted one tournament that required 128 volunteers to work concessions, gate, book, clock, and hospitality room.
We award two student athlete scholarships each year.
How can you get involved?
- As a parent/guardian of a WL athlete, you are expected to volunteer in concessions. Please sign up for the number of shifts your child's coach has indicated that is needed (based on number of players & games). We need 2 adults per shift. If all shifts are not filled, Booster Club will assign parents to slots. Help us have another successful year by showing up for your shift and getting someone else to cover your shift if you can't make it.
- We need an opener. If you are willing to arrive before every home game to open, you will get a pass to get in the games for free! Baseball/Softball opener gets to choose what sport they want a free pass to.
Please follow us on Facebook at Warrensburg-Latham Athletic Booster Club for weekly schedules, ways to volunteer, spirit wear, schedule changes/updates, and all things WL athletics. You are invited to attend out monthly meetings. Booster Club meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the HS cafeteria.
WLHS Athletic Booster Club is a 501 C3 Non-for-profit organization - Financial information is available upon request.
Booster Club Officers
President, Melanie Brown
Vice President, PJ McKenzie
Treasurer (Payables), Gail Kendall
Treasurer (Depositor), Kristen Waterhouse
Secretary, Katie Sellmeyer
Purchaser, RJ McKenzie & David Zaske
Fundraising, Glenda Kraft
Concession Stand Coordinator. Carrie Reynolds
Spirit Wear Coordinator, Pam Bonds & Heather Mihal
Athletic Director, Bret Reedy, 217-672-3531